problem with named.conf

Kal Feher kal.feher at melbourneit.com.au
Tue Mar 27 03:23:46 UTC 2007

This is a function of the client software not BIND. Assuming you have a good
reason for using a wildcard in your " msk3.ath.cx." zone, you'll need to
remove the search suffix. But that isn't a very good way of *fixing* the
problem.

The thing to note here is that BIND *is* responding with a timeout. Your
client machines are simply looking up a new address (search domains
appended) and your wildcard record naturally matches these secondary
lookups.

Perhaps if you could enunciate why you have a wildcard, we could suggest
something more appropriate?

--
Kal Feher
Team Leader