bind selective delegation, is it possible?

Zachary Denison zacharydenison at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 14:16:34 UTC 2007

Hello,

Its a subtle difference and perhaps I am wrong. Please correct me if I
am.  But the reason I think I cannot do it this way is because the
load balancers talk to each other, and if for example one of them goes
down, then it gets taken out of the loop and the active ones will only
report the VIPs that are currently active.  In your example the dns
will continue to report vips 1,2 and 3 even if one is down.  If I
follow your example, and vip1 is down lets say, are resolver libraries
setup to automatically try vip2 or 3 ?

Thank you.