one domain is dig from one server but not with another server

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Thu May 3 11:50:23 UTC 2007

[Do not steal threads like you did. Start a new thread or it will
confuse threaded mail readers.]

On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 11:31:55AM +0300,
 Nayeem <nayeem at ksa.zajil.com> wrote
 a message of 50 lines which said:

> When I dig domain arabnews.com from slave dns server then get result
> but when I dig same domain from primary dns server then I message

It is simpler to use:

dig @x.y.z.t arabnews.com

where x.y.z.t is the IP address of the recursor that you want to test.

Thus being said, I notice that the two working nameservers of
arabnews.com are on the same network (bad idea).

If there is a routing problem (test with traceroute or with 'dig
@ns1.sahara.com.sa arabnews.com'), it is sufficient to explain the
problem.