DNS timeout problems

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Fri May 4 13:46:11 UTC 2007

On Fri, May 04, 2007 at 06:36:32PM +0530,
 satishp at tulipit.com <satishp at tulipit.com> wrote
 a message of 56 lines which said:

> i want to check wheather my resolver or bind user ipv6 query to
> A.GTLD & B.GTPD root dns server

Root name servers or GTLD name servers? It is quite different. Let's
assume you talk about the ".com / .net" name servers,
*.gtld-servers.net.

They work fine with IPv6 so I'm not sure why you want to disable
it. If you have no IPv6 connectivity, just do not enable IPv6 in your
kernel (on Linux, do not load the IPv6 kernel module, see /etc/modules
and /etc/modprobe.d/aliases).

> is there any debug tool to give me information that my ipv6 is
> diable completely

The strongest test, if you do not believe --disable-ipv6, is to run
'tcpdump -n ip6' on the resolver and to check that there are no IPv6
packets.