rndc: 'reload' failed: out of memory

Vinny Abello vinny at tellurian.com
Thu May 17 15:45:11 UTC 2007

By default, FreeBSD limits the maximum memory per process to 512MB.

If you haven't already, look into adjusting /boot/loader.conf values to
something similar to:

kern.maxdsiz="1073741824" # 1GB
kern.dfldsiz="1073741824" # 1GB
kern.maxssiz="134217728" # 128MB

Be sure to take into account your memory size and read the appropriate
documentation about adjusting these values before doing so.