DNS authoritative server and private domain?

Barry Margolin barmar at alum.mit.edu
Fri May 18 04:59:27 UTC 2007

In article <f2hrcn$68s$1 at sf1.isc.org>,
 "Ricardo Martinez" <rmartinez at magenta.cl> wrote:

> Hello List.
> 	I'm a little bit confused about how to build my named.conf configuration.
> What i want to do is to have a primary server and a secondary server with
> TSIG.
> 	I'm authorative for several domains...in particular i want that one of those
> domains be accesible only by my internal network.  What i'm doing now is use
> view.. but i'm not so sure if this is the correct configuration.  Can someone
> help me here or give some advice?.  This is my configuration ...

For your purposes, you don't need views.  You can just put "allow-query
{ trusted; };" on the internal-only domain.

You need views when you want to serve the same domain to both internal
and external clients, but give different answers.  If you just want to
block access to a domain you can just use allow-query.

Barry Margolin, barmar at alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA