Question ABOUT Boot.Zones

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu May 24 22:47:57 UTC 2007

Cekke wrote:
> Hello
> I've got Three DNS. Actually i create the .dns file on DNS1 and update
> boot.zones.
> On Dns2 and Dns3 i only update the boot.zones (and they go on Dns1 (master)
> to take the .dns file)
> Question : it's possible to find a Way to update only Dns1?
> Dns2 and Dns3 must be (every time) update in boot.zones or there's a way to
> auto-update?
> tank you very much

Boot.zones is not a part of BIND in its default configuration. I did
some Googling and it appears to be a Debian-specific thing. You might
want to ask a Debian-oriented group whether there's an auto-update
mechanism. BIND itself provides no mechanism for the automatic creation
of zone definitions on slave servers.