bind 9.4.1 does not run

Andy Shellam andy.shellam-lists at mailnetwork.co.uk
Wed May 30 20:50:58 UTC 2007

Hi Donny,

Your start-up script is incorrect.
When you specify a chroot path for Bind, the path to your config file
(and any other paths) should be within the chroot'd path.

Because of the chroot, Bind will see the first "/" as the root of your
chroot ("/opt/apps/bind"), not the root of your file-system.  Therefore
the path to your config file (and any file paths within Bind's runtime
config) should be from the root of your chroot.  So, your "-c" parameter
should be "-c /etc/named.conf", which Bind will find as
"/opt/apps/bind/etc/named.conf."

Andy