named hangs

Almond, Cathy cathy.almond at hp.com
Fri Nov 2 19:24:43 UTC 2007

Hi Latif,

You'll need to discuss HP's future BIND porting plans directly with HP through the offical support process - I'm not able to comment here.

For the actual problem, I would advise downloading the HP-UX version of BIND 9.3.2 from software.hp.com so that you can contact HP for assistance if you are still experiencing the same hangs.  (If you prefer instead to persevere with your own compiled version of BIND, then it's possible that the latest pthreads patch will help stabilise it - as it might other similar applications - but you'll have to decide what's best for you to do).

Kind regards,

Cathy Almond
Hewlett-Packard Limited