fresh installation is hosed...

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at center.osis.gov
Fri Nov 16 23:06:03 UTC 2007

On Fri, Nov 16, 2007 at 03:12:22PM -0500, aklist_bind at enigmedia.com wrote:
> Hi All: I was attempting to build a new box to run Bind on...I did the
> following:
>
> fresh install of FreeBSD 6.2
> installed openssl-0.9.8g
> installed bind-9.4.1-P1 with:
>     ./configure --prefix=/usr
>         --sysconfdir=/etc/namedb
>         --mandir=/usr/share/man
>         --localstatedir=/var
>         --disable-threads
>         --with-openssl=/usr
>
> ...and everything was working...then I replaced named.conf with the
> named.conf from my existing server, and all hell broke loose! <g>

Sorry, I'se iggerant.  With what version of BIND is FreeBSD 6.2
delivered?  And what is its default system configuration directory?

Have you checked that there is a readable version of the "db.cache"
root zone file?  By whom is it owned/grouped, and what are its
permissions?

--
Joe Yao
Qinetiq NA / Analex Contractor