Bind 8.4.7-P1 on Solaris 8

Paul Vixie Paul_Vixie at isc.org
Sat Nov 17 02:19:27 UTC 2007

gagadget at free.fr writes:

> It is quite hard to migrate a whole BIND 8 DNS architecture to BIND 9

that has not been my experience.

> everything has to be re-checked.

everything should be checked at least once every 10 years, so, you're due.

> Moreover I don't see the point to publish a P1 patch if it does not
> compile on OS supported by BIND 8.

it compiles just find on solaris 10.

> Do we to have to buy a Infoblox service to have that patch compiled ?

infoblox's appliances work just fine.  if you don't want to upgrade your
solaris from 8 to 10, AND you don't want to upgrade your bind from 8 to 9,
then a commercial solution might be exactly what you need.
--
Paul Vixie