Recursive Domain Query on Restricted Recursive DNS

Nicolas Pence npence at dedicado.com
Tue Nov 27 18:49:07 UTC 2007

Hi, I need to know how to set up the following solution:

- I have a Recursive DNS that is restricted to only wanted IP ranges,
running Bind 9.3.2

acl mynet { iprange1/mask; iprange2/mask; iprange3/mask; };

options {
allow-recursion { mynet; };
allow-query { mynet; };
allow-query-cache { mynet; };
};

- But I see some people with my NS configured doing queries to a domain
name that
I really want them to reach, so what I need is to enable queries "only"
to this domain name
"subdom.example.com" to anybody who query my server like doing:

allow-query { any; };

- subdom.example.com is not mine so I can't be auth for this domain and
resolve the issue
setting a master nor a slave zone.

Is this task possible?

thanks in advanced