Failed Install BIND 9.4.1-P1 on Windows 2003 X64

Brown, Jamel A Mr CG USA FORSCOM jamel.anthony.brown at us.army.mil
Thu Oct 4 00:29:04 UTC 2007

I am running Windows 2003 X64 Server. When I install BIND 9.4.1-P1
It never creates the DNS directory or copies any of the files into
the directory. When I try to start the service I always get the
errors listed below. My named.conf is present in the right
directory. As far as the setup program it says that it was a
successful install. I also tried to install it different ways, a
couple of times as a regular user per you readme1st file and a
couple of times as a administrator. I also tried by coping every file
from the BIND9.4.1-P1 directory into C:\WINDOWS\system32\dns\bin
but still no luck.

The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( named ) cannot be
found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve
this description; see Help and Support for details. The following
information is part of the event: none:0: open:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dns\etc\named.conf: file not found.

The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( named ) cannot be
found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve
this description; see Help and Support for details. The following
information is part of the event: loading configuration: file not
found.

The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( named ) cannot be
found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve
this description; see Help and Support for details. The following
information is part of the event: exiting (due to fatal error).

Thank you
Jamel Brown
jamel.anthony.brown at us.army.mil
505-791-1823