New server build

Moss, Patricia pmoss at fcg.com
Thu Oct 4 13:25:33 UTC 2007

I am building a replacement server and have installed CentOS 5.  I was
told, and want to verify the validity of what I was told, that when bind
is installed there are certain config files that utilize the servers ip
address and/or hostname.  I'd like to know if this is a true statement.
If it is, what are the config files that are in question. I ask this
because I am building the server now, but will need to reuse the current
ip address and hostname once the changeover is scheduled.  Thanks.

Pati M

"UNIX is user friendly. It's just picky about who it's friends with."

This email may contain material that is confidential, privileged, and/or attorney work product for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any review, reliance, or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.