Bind 9.3.4-P1 Crashing?

Tony Earnshaw tonni at hetnet.nl
Tue Oct 16 04:43:58 UTC 2007

David Nolan skrev, on 15-10-2007 03:50:

[...]

> These are linux machines, running 2.6.16.29.  The kernel hasn't changed
> on these machines recently.  The last relevant thing that changed on
> these machines should be when we upgraded to 9.3.4-P1 when it was
> released.
>
> I'm currently doing some packet collection to attempt to track this
> down if/when it happens again.   I have also upgraded one of the servers to
> 9.4.1-P1 to see if next time only one fails.
>
> My questions for the list are:
>
> Any one else seeing unexpected bind crashes in the last couple of weeks?

Looks like this could be Debian etch; FWIW Bind 9.4.1-P1 running on
Fedora FC6 and RHEL5 x86_32 and 64, built from Adam Tkac's srpm, has
been running stably with extended uptimes.

Your problem could, perhaps, better be directed to your OS vendor.

--Tonni

--
Tony Earnshaw
Email: tonni at hetnet dot nl