split dns problem

Per olof Ljungmark peo at intersonic.se
Sun Oct 21 08:41:21 UTC 2007

Hi,

I am experimenting with the bind9 "split-view" feature and started out
with the following example:

view "trusted" {
  match-clients { 192.168.23.0/24; }; // our network
   recursion yes;
   zone "example.com" {
    type master;
    // private zone file including local hosts
    file "internal/master.example.com";
   };
   // add required zones
  };
view "badguys" {
  match-clients {"any"; }; // all others hosts
  // recursion not supported
  recursion no;
  };
  zone "example.com" {
    type master;
    // public only hosts
    file "external/master.example.com";
   };
   // add required zones
  };

The setup I'm aiming at is for a config with external, internal and dmz
hosts. Right now I've got it working fine for the external and internal
hosts, but the dmz zones presents a problem in that they refuses to
transfer to a slave:

"refresh: non-authoritative answer from master"

So, is it at all possible to do as above with identical zone name and
two different zone files in two views? Googling for the subject makes me
believe it should be but apparently I am missing something.

Thanks for any pointers.

--per