DNS-SD and Dynamic Updates

Nathan Merritt gnm at the-merritts.net
Tue Oct 30 20:11:23 UTC 2007

Hey everybody -
I'm running Bind 9.3.4 (-2etch1) on Debian with kernel version 2.6.18-4.
I've been trying to set up DNS-SD on our production servers and have ran
into a snag. There are two slave servers, two caches and a master
authoritative server. I enabled update-forwarding on the caches and slaves
to the master, and set up a key based authentication system. When I actually
try to test things out via nsupdate, I get the following error server side:

named[3975]: socket.c :1898: unexpected error:
named[3975]: internal_accept: fcntl() failed: Too many open files
named[3975]: zone bonjour.bowdoin.edu/IN/default : could not forward dynamic
update to 10.140.226.26#53: unexpected error

A quick googling pointed me to another user with a similar unresolved
problem.

http://readlist.com/lists/isc.org/bind-users/0/4480.html

Anyone figure out what was going wrong between then and now?

Thanks so much,
Nathan Merritt