Allowing zone xfer to slave server -SOLVED

Ryan McCain Ryan.McCain at dss.state.la.us
Mon Sep 3 01:57:11 UTC 2007

I know this *NOW*  :)

Thanks to everyone who gave suggestions.

--------------------------------------

Ryan McCain
Northrop Grumman Corporation
Linux System Administrator 3
email: Ryan.McCain at dss.state.la.us
Phone: 225.505.3832
Fax: 225.219.0540

Registered Linux User #364609

On Fri August 31 2007 17:38, Mark Andrews wrote:

>  > I finally did a cat on the zone file on the secondary server and noticed
>  > that the serial # was updating but for some reason my records weren't
>  > being added . I took a closer look at the zone file on the secondary
>  > server and noticed t he DNS records were being sorted sorted
>  > alphabetically so my record that star ted with a "R" wasn't going to
>  > appear on the bottom. I had been tailing the z one file waiting for it
>  > to appear at the bottom just like I added it on the p rimary server the
>  > whole time.
>  >
>  > So, I spent a day thinking things weren't working when in fact they
>  > were.
>  >
>  > /hides
>  >
>  > Thx..
>
>   AXFR/IXFR doesn't transfer the file.  It transfers the data
>   that makes the zone contents.

Even the full zone transfers are sorted alphabetically.

--

Regards
Robert

Smile... it increases your face value!