Reg : DNS Cache poisoning

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Sep 18 22:57:35 UTC 2007

What you're attempting -- including data for one zone in the zonefile of
another zone -- is an obvious violation of the RFCs and BIND has
rejected it for a long time. The only thing that's changed between the
various versions of BIND 8 and BIND 9 in this regard, is whether BIND
believes/trusts/caches records it *receives* from other sources, under
certain circumstances. If you want to *generate* malicious
cache-poisoning records in DNS responses, you'll need to use some other
package, or write your own code...

                     - Kevin