queries to DNS server

John Wobus jw354 at cornell.edu
Fri Sep 28 16:16:38 UTC 2007

Another method, that easily gets you a quick sample of your clients is
using
tcpdump (or snoop).  Collect X number of packets (e.g. 10,000) and see
who's
calling you.

Depending upon how you plan to use the data, e.g., if you were just
looking for a quick
percentage showing what fraction of the queries are coming from off
campus, this can
be adequate for some purposes.

John