BIND 9.4.1-P1 compilation settings.

vincent.blondel at ing.be vincent.blondel at ing.be
Thu Sep 27 05:17:33 UTC 2007

Hello all,

I am trying to compile BIND-9.4.1-P1 on desktop system but encounters
some problems. These are settings of my desktop :

Platform : SUN Sparc
Os : Solaris 8
Gcc : 3.4.6

These are compilation parameters I am using ...

/usr/bin/env  \
    CC="/usr/local/bin/cc"  \
    CXX="/usr/local/bin/c++"   \
    CFLAGS="-O2 -pipe"  \
    INSTALL="/usr/local/bin/install -c -o bin -g bin"  \
    INSTALL_DATA="/usr/local/bin/install  -o bin -g bin -m 444"  \
    INSTALL_PROGRAM="/usr/local/bin/install  -s -o bin -g bin -m 555"  \
    INSTALL_SCRIPT="/usr/local/bin/install  -o bin -g bin -m 555"   \
    AUTOCONF=/usr/local/bin/autoconf \
    AUTOHEADER=/usr/local/bin/autoheader  \
    AUTOIFNAMES=/usr/local/bin/ifnames \
    AUTOM4TE=/usr/local/bin/autom4te \
    AUTORECONF=/usr/local/bin/autoreconf \
    AUTOSCAN=/usr/local/bin/autoscan \
    AUTOUPDATE=/usr/local/bin/autoupdate  \

PATH=/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/dt/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/openwin/
bin:/usr/proc/bin:/usr/X/bin:/usr/ucb \
    LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/ssl/lib/libssl.a
-L/usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.a
-L/usr/local/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/3.4.6/libgcc.a

-L/usr/local/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/3.4.6/libgcc_eh.a
-L/usr/local/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/3.4.6/libgcov.a" \
    SHELL=/bin/sh  \
    CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/sh  \
    ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --sysconfdir=/etc/named
--localstatedir=/var --disable-ipv6 --disable-linux-caps --with-libtool

Now what I am trying to do is getting a binary

    dynamicly linked to libraries like libc.so, libthread.so, BIND
libraries
    but including statically GCC and OpenSSL precompiled object files
like

	/usr/local/ssl/lib/libssl.a
	/usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.a
	/usr/local/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/3.4.6/libgcc.a
	/usr/local/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/3.4.6/libgcc_eh.a
	/usr/local/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/3.4.6/libgcov.a

The reason why I am trying to do this is just because all our
Operational Production Servers are installed with basic restrictive Sun
Solaris 8 version without any installation of GCC, OpenSSL libraries.

Can somebody help me because I can easily get full dymanic libraries
compiled binaries ( dig , named ... ) but cannot get what I just
explained above. I tried to compile configure command explained above.
This is all compiling good but when I try to run binaries I get "Killed"
message on the console. When trying to debug system calls 'truss dig' I
do not get anything on my console.

Many thanks if somebody could help me compiling these binaries ..

Regards
Vincent Blondel
ING South West Europe
Ops&IT Banking Infrastructure
Cours Saint Michel, 60
1040 Bruxelles - Belgium
ATTENTION:
The information in this electronic mail message is private and
confidential, and only intended for the addressee. Should you
receive this message by mistake, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or use of this
message is strictly prohibited. Please inform the sender by
reply transmission and delete the message without copying or
opening it.

Messages and attachments are scanned for all viruses known.
If this message contains password-protected attachments, the
files have NOT been scanned for viruses by the ING mail domain.

..

.