Number of CPUs detected by Bind 9.4.2 on 4 CPU system runningRedHat es 4.

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Tue Apr 1 14:52:11 UTC 2008

Huh?

Is this something required for later versions of BIND?

I have BIND 9.2.x on Linux systems in chroot environments but never had
to mount /proc there.   Since /proc isn't a "real" filesystem I was
under the impression the kernel handled most of what needs to go there.
Exceptions would be the things one does to force updates in the rare
areas (e.g. SCSI changes) /proc allows that.  What would BIND be doing
that requires it to directly access /proc?