Bad bind performance with FreeBSD 7

Stefan Lambrev stefan.lambrev at moneybookers.com
Thu Apr 3 13:21:54 UTC 2008

Greetings,

Attila Nagy wrote:
> On 01/29/08 11:40, Attila Nagy wrote:
>> ps: I have an other problem. I've recently switched from a last year
>> 6-STABLE to 7-STABLE and got pretty bad results on the same machine
>> with the same bind (9.4).
>> The graphs are here:
>> http://picasaweb.google.com/nagy.attila/20080129Fbsd6vs7Bind
> The problem still persists and now I can provide some profiling info,
> made by HWPMC.

Sorry if you already answer this question, but at least I can find it in
the thread.
What scheduler are you using on RELENG_7 ?
Did you check with both schedulers (ule/4bsd) to see which one works
better for you?
Also are you sure that you service the same number of requests - I see
that the 6.x image shows CPU usage from
Aug 2007 and 7.x image is from Jan 2008 ...  is it possible, that you
have more requests and that's why your CPU usage increased?

--

Best Wishes,
Stefan Lambrev