root.ca

Chris Buxton cbuxton at menandmice.com
Tue Apr 8 16:46:35 UTC 2008

It doesn't automatically update the contents of the file. However, the
file is only used to bootstrap the cache - the file's records are used
to locate servers that are then asked for a correct list of root
servers.

It would be nice if the name server did actually update the file with
the resulting cached list of root servers, but it doesn't.

Chris Buxton
Professional Services
Men & Mice