Is godaddy wrong in disallowing using my domain as an NS server for itself?

Chris Buxton cbuxton at menandmice.com
Mon Apr 14 16:32:19 UTC 2008

There's no need to spend an extra IP address on the task. You can run
your DNS service on the same machine, at the same address, as you were
already planning to do. Just use a different name. For example, your
zone file might have these records:

@	NS	ns1
	MX	10	mx1
	A	192.0.2.1
mx1	A	192.0.2.1
ns1	A	192.0.2.1
www	A	192.0.2.1

The only caveat is that you should have at least two (or even more)
name servers. So there should be more than just the one NS record.

Chris Buxton
Professional Services
Men & Mice