best practices dealing with lame delegations

Kal Feher kal.feher at melbourneit.com.au
Mon Apr 21 05:29:30 UTC 2008

First perhaps you might want to quantify how bad this really is. Just
ignoring/filtering the log messages my suffice.

I guess it depends on why those lame delegations are there in the first
place.

Could any of the lame delegations be your customers and represent a failure
in provisioning?

Perhaps some domain name delegation process has your server hardcoded/listed
as a default.

Is there some historical reason your server would have lame delegations from
a previous business activity? This might represent a failure to cut
over/away from that activity.

Fixing the above processes will be a more permanent although not necessarily
complete solution.

HTH

--
Kal Feher