Not at "wits end" but still a bit confused......

Kal Feher kal.feher at melbourneit.com.au
Mon Apr 21 05:39:01 UTC 2008

example.com is not delegated to your name server. I don't know if you ran
dig on the server in question or just a workstation in your network so I'll
suggest the following:
dig example.com @<your.server's.ip.address>

Make sure your acls are set correctly (paste contents of named.conf for any
questions in this regard).

Then check your logs. Better yet, check your logs as soon as you
start/reload named. Failure to load the zone file will be listed there if
such a thing is happening.

The next step if I haven't helped is to include the full named configuration
files in your reply.

HTH

--
Kal Feher