dns_master_load: root.servers:85: isc_lex_gettoken() failed: unexpected end of input

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Fri Apr 25 02:46:34 UTC 2008

Talat Malik wrote:
> For some reasons attachments did not show up in previous message. so I am
> attaching them inline with the message

All attachments are stripped before forwarding to the mailing list.

> Hi All,
>
> I installed Bind 9.4 on Windows XP and am getting following error while
> starting named service:

Please provide the exact version of BIND 9. There is no 9.4. There is
9.4.0, 9.4.1, 9.4.2, etc. This shows up in the application event log
when BIND 9 starts up.

> dns_master_load: root.servers:85: isc_lex_gettoken() failed: unexpected end
> of input

Please point to which is line 85 in root.servers since it's hard to read
with them inlined. Outlook does a lousy job of preserving spacing.

Danny