query (cache) denied messages

Barry Margolin barmar at alum.mit.edu
Sun Apr 27 19:14:48 UTC 2008

In article <fv2cc6$v5r$1 at sf1.isc.org>, blrmaani <blrmaani at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have two name servers - Lets call it NS1 and NS2. NS1 is
> authoritative and NS2 is cache-only.
> The logs are seen on NS1's syslog.
>
> I also tried using category lame-servers {null; }; to suppress the
> messages with NO luck.

Why did you think lame servers would have anything to do with this?
These log messages are due to people trying to use your authoritative
server as a caching server, for some reason.  You should probably try to
find out why.

Anyway, to suppress the log messages, try changing either the client or
security category.

Barry Margolin, barmar at alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA