private address 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x on a public dns

Chris Buxton cbuxton at menandmice.com
Mon Apr 28 20:28:32 UTC 2008

While it's certainly unusual to do so, there's nothing actually wrong
(at a DNS level) with creating the requested record. They just need to
be aware that this record will not work outside the organization (or
more accurately, outside the NAT server).

It may be time to create a private version of the zone, possibly on a
different name server (or in a different view on the same name server).

Chris Buxton
Professional Services
Men & Mice