selecttest tool

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 Jinmei_Tatuya at isc.org
Sat Aug 2 13:53:37 UTC 2008

At Sat, 02 Aug 2008 03:06:02 -0500,
Walter <gouldwp at auburn.edu> wrote:

> I downloaded P2 tonight and did what was suggested in the CHANGES file.
> Here is my configure statement:
> STD_CDEFINES="-DISC_SOCKET_FDSETSIZE=4096" ./configure
> --prefix=/usr/local/bind-9.5.0-P2 --sysconfdir=/var/named
>
> It seemed to build and run fine for about an hour.  I was running "lsof
> | grep named | wc -l" every five seconds.  For the first hour, lsof
> returned values anywhere from 40 to 90, but then it climbed to right at
> 1000 and named stopped resolving names.  The daemon never stopped
> running, but resolution totally failed.

Could you be more specific about 'resolution totally failed'?  Is it
returning SERVFAILs errors to any queries?  Is it (seemingly) ignoring
queries?  What if the query should hit the cache?  Does rndc work?  If
so, what's the output of rndc status?

---
JINMEI, Tatuya
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.