Issues with BIND 9.5.0-P2

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 Jinmei_Tatuya at isc.org
Thu Aug 7 07:59:52 UTC 2008

At Thu, 7 Aug 2008 14:48:52 +0800,
"Elias" <elias at streamyx.com> wrote:

> Is there any change if you build named with/without threads (and with FD_SETSIZE=4096)?
> --> have yet to try this. Will test and let you know.
>
> How many queries per second is that server normally accepting?
> --> we're seing about 4.2k - 5.5k requests per second.
>
> What's the normal cache hit rate (you can identify it via rndc stats outputs)?
> --> cache hit rate now is around 81.78%

Okay, some more questions:

- do you specify a sufficiently large value for max-cache-size? (maybe
  if you can post your named.conf that would be helpful)
- does the trouble keep happening, or is that something like a
  spike-type trouble (which then subsides)?
- if you perform 'rndc recursion' during the errors are happening, do
  you see anything strange in the corresponding named.recursing file?
  For example, are there clients that are too old, i.e., should be
  timed out but not?

---
JINMEI, Tatuya
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.