UPDATE on 9.5.0-P2

Mark Andrews Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Fri Aug 8 05:02:40 UTC 2008

> On Fri, 8 Aug 2008, Mark Andrews wrote:
>
> > 	Note.  We still consider the -P2 versions to be interim
> > 	versions.  We are still working on the scaling issues
> > 	inherent in using multiple ports.
>
> So Mark,
>
> Does this mean we should (since we're free of the vulnerability with -P1)
> wait for a -P3 or later, or would this kind of work be more likely to
> appear in say, 9.5.1?
>
> -Dan

	If you are upgrading now go to -P2.  If you have no problems
	with -P1 at present you can stay with them.  If you are
	experiencing problems with the -P1 your issue may be solved
	with -P2 so try it.

	The full (more complete) solution will be delivered as part
	of the normal maintence path.  e.g. BIND 9.3.6, 9.4.3,
	9.5.1, 9.6.0.  We expect there to be some more beta's between
	now and then.

	We don't expect there to be -P3 at this point though there
	will be new windows releases to address windows specific
	issues.

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, ISC