Query timeouts on FreeBSD 7 over network

Vinny Abello vinny at tellurian.com
Sun Aug 10 05:21:02 UTC 2008

I've found the issues are specific to BIND 9.5.0 releases and FreeBSD 7.0 with threads enabled. I downgraded to BIND 9.4.2-P2 with threads enabled and have no problems with memory growing at an insane rate anymore and BIND eventually crashing due to exhaustion of memory. I'm going to try and get a traceback from a core dump on a new test machine as I'm happily running 9.4.2-P2 on FreeBSD 7.0 with threads enabled and it's working great.

-Vinny