Error with logging channel audit_log

Mark A. Moore mmoore at osmre.gov
Tue Aug 12 21:05:51 UTC 2008

All,
Thanks for the response given on this. I modified the named.conf file line file "/chroot/named/logs/named.log"; to file "/logs/named.log";

Now when I restart bind, the error I get now is "logging channel 'audit_log' file '/logs/named.log' : permission denied

Sorry but I'm new to BIND.

Jeremy - Not sure what you mean about the mkdir -p /chroot/named/logs/ # before starting named. Can you explain a little more what I need to do?

Thanks.

Mark