order of NS query

Robert Spangler mlists at zoominternet.net
Sun Aug 17 13:51:58 UTC 2008

On Sunday 17 August 2008 01:04, VK wrote:

>  I am curious because I have 3 secondary servers about to be used, 2 in the
>  U.S and 1 in the UK, along with the primary NS located here in my country,
>  on a small (64k) ISDN line, which can be very congested at numerous times
>  24/7 due to the nature of the business. So, would it be more beneficial to
>  have one of the international NS's act as primary? If it matters, there is
>  about as much local as international traffic connections here, so choosing
>  one ofver another for "best usage" would not really matter.

If it were me I would take the server sitting on the ISDN out of the NS pool
and use it strictly as a master after the other 3 are setup.  I would hope
that the new servers are not set up with the same restrictions.  Then you
don't have to worry about the slow connection being over whelmed.  You could
make your updates to the master, on the ISDN line, which should be fast
enough to update the other 3 NS servers.

--

Regards
Robert

Smile... it increases your face value!