problem with setting BIND instance as a name-server for domain

ivanhoe ivanhoe011 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 11:17:06 UTC 2008

I moved DNS server to a new machine, configured BIND and zones as
usual, and it all seemed to work fine. Then I tried to add this DNS
server as name-server for a new domain (on namecheap.com) and they
don't let me with the following message:
"Error nRRPResponseCode 531 means that the nameservers you are trying
to set up are not registered yet at VeriSign, so you need to make sure
they are registered before updating the domain."

I don't remember I ever needed to do anything like that before, so I
wonder if this is some problem in my BIND configuration, or I really
need to manually register a new DNS server with VeriSign ?