CPU utilization

Fajar A. Nugraha fajar at fajar.net
Wed Aug 20 01:45:09 UTC 2008

Ejaz wrote:
> Hi,
> I have installed  BIND 9.3.4-P1on RedhatEnterprise Linux 5, as we are an ISP we have near 1000 domains are hosted in our dns, also all our customers are using our DNS to browse,
>
> My problem is most of the times my CPU utilisation remain  80%,90% and 100%. So any help will be will be great for me,

You should first determine what is the major load contributor. "top"
will give you a basic idea (look for the lines that begin with "Cpu(s):")

> I have following entries in my /var/log/syslog, and

In my experience the load can be greatly reduced by disabling named's
syslog logging. You could also change syslog.conf to not log daemon
facility.

Regards,

Fajar