checkhints: unable to get root NS rrset from cache: not found

Peter Davies pdavies6 at csc.com
Wed Aug 20 13:30:00 UTC 2008

Hi Todd,
        I done use acl lists much just a couple of the to allow zone
tranfsers on a few domiains
Here's the option block  from the config file
options {
        directory "/var/named";
          allow-transfer { none; };
          allow-query { any; };
          allow-update { none; };
          recursive-clients 1500;
          pid-file "/var/run/named.pid";
};

Peter Davies
CSC Airline Solutions
Engvej 155
DK-2300 Copenhagen S, Denmark
Tel. +45 3614 5737
pdavies6 at csc.com
www.csc.com/dk

CSC Airline Solutions Denmark A/S
Registered Office: Engvej 165, 2300 Copenhagen S, Denmark
Registered in Denmark No: 14278176

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
delivery.
purpose.

"Todd Snyder" <tsnyder at rim.com>
20-08-2008 14:59

Peter Davies/SCA/CSC at CSC
cc

Subject
RE: checkhints: unable to get root NS rrset from cache: not found

After an upgrade, we started seeing that happen when ACL's weren't setup
to allow recursion, I believe.  Maybe you have a similar issue?

t.