Can internal root server also forward?

joeunc joeunc at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 13:41:01 UTC 2008

Well what we have is that it is a seperate company outside the
firewall that is kind of "merged" in with existing company.
Company A wants to resolve internal hosts on Company B. The forwarding
was hoping to not have to open all the firewalls between the two for
the delegation from root to happen via NS records.
We are thinking of putting in a forwarder box and delegating at
internal root to that forwarder and then running forward only caching
on the forwarder over to the "other" company.

thanks
Joe