Any need for nscd?

Paul Cocker paul.cocker at tntpost.co.uk
Wed Aug 27 08:28:11 UTC 2008

Well as nscd offers nothing but name caching, I'm not sure what
confusion could lie as regards my requirements. I wish my server to have
name caching capabilities and, as stated it will already be running
BIND, therefore is this something BIND can handle (therefore no need to
add an additional package), or is it outside the scope of BIND and I
should add nscd to the server to handle this function.

Please let me know if I need to provide any further details.

Paul Cocker