statistics file

Kevin Darcy kcd at chrysler.com
Thu Aug 28 01:12:48 UTC 2008

JINMEI Tatuya / ???? wrote:
> At Tue, 26 Aug 2008 21:18:23 -0400,
> CB <bdyslm at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm hoping someone can help as I am completely confused and the BIND ARM
>> doesnt answer my questions. For one it doesnt explain what categories are
>> inclusive of others, if any, which I would think some are.
>> For example:
>>
>> I would think that authoritative answers are included in succesful
>> answers...logical but clearly cant be if you look at the numbers below.
>>

> authoritative answers include nxdomain and nxrrset.
> successful answers include authoritative and non-authoritative
> answers.

And yet, the number of "successful" answers shown in the stats output
(previously posted) is significantly *lower* than the number of
"authoritative" answers. Color me confused as well.

>> I would think "responses sent" would be inclusive of
>> success/auth,non-auth,nxrrset, nxdomain, and recursion. Again, the math
>> doesnt add up.

> and notifies.

Hmmm... updates and notifies. I assume they're included in "requests
received" as well as "responses sent". Are they invisibly included in
any of the other categories?