dnsperf and BIND memory consumption

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 Jinmei_Tatuya at isc.org
Thu Dec 18 20:07:09 UTC 2008

At Thu, 18 Dec 2008 17:14:06 +0300,
Dmitry Rybin <kirgudu at corbina.net> wrote:

> > If you can allow the multiple views to share a single cache, one
> > possibility is to create a separate "localhost" view as the single
> > caching view and forward all recursive queries to that view:
>
> I add this lines in named.conf
> clients IP in this view can't resolve recursive queries.

It's hard to help with this too simplified problem description...

Note that my previous config example is just a conceptual one.  You
should probably adjust it for your own environment.

> view "localhost" {
>         match-clients { ::1; };
> };

One obvious point in this example is that named has to listen on ::1,
which is not the case for the default configuration.

---
JINMEI, Tatuya
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.