Using bind 9.5.0 with Active directory

Nico De Ranter nico at sonycom.com
Tue Dec 23 14:57:38 UTC 2008

Hi,

I need to create a new Windows 2008 domain in a network with an existing
Bind setup.  I know I need dynamic DNS for the Windows domain. I also
know I need GSS support to get secure dynamic updates and this is
supported in Bind 9.5.0. However I can't figure out how to configure
everything properly (how do I generate the gss credentials? what if I
don't have a Kerberos server yet?).  Is there anybody who can point me
to some documentation on how to bootstrap a Windows domain installation
in a bind environment?  I'm not interested in running Bind on Windows, I
can find plenty of info about that but my binds are running just fine on
linux. The main issue is getting secure dynamic updates working.

Thanks in advance,

Nico

--
 With kind regards,

Nico De Ranter
Senior System Administrator

Sony Techsoft Centre
The Corporate Village · Da Vincilaan 7-D1 · B-1935 Zaventem · Belgium

Phone: +32 (0)2 700 8641
Fax: +32 (0)2 700 8622
E-mail: nico.deranter at eu.sony.com
Internet: www.sony-europe.com

Sony Technology and Software Centre Europe
A division of Sony Service Centre (Europe) N.V.
Registered office: Technologielaan 7 · B-1840 Londerzeel · Belgium
VAT BE 0413.825.160 · RPR Brussels
Fortis Bank Londerzeel 293-0376800-10 GEBA-BE-BB