Using bind 9.5.0 with Active directory

Nico De Ranter nico at sonycom.com
Fri Dec 26 13:28:13 UTC 2008

Unfortunately I can't get it to work.

When I add

  tkey-gssapi-credential "DNS/....";
  tkey-domain "...";

to my named.conf file, named doesn't want to start anymore.  I get the
following message in /var/log/messages:

Dec 26 13:55:33 dns named[8546]: configuring TKEY: not implemented
Dec 26 13:55:33 dns named[8546]: loading configuration: not implemented
Dec 26 13:55:33 dns named[8546]: exiting (due to fatal error)

I compiled bind 9.6.0 using the following options:

./configure --with-openssl=yes \
                   --with-randomdev=/dev/urandom \
                   --prefix=/opt/bind-${BINDVER} \
                   --sysconfdir=/etc/bind-${BINDVER} \
                   --enable-threads \
                   --with-pkcs11 \
                   --with-gssapi=/usr

on a Linux system (CentOS 5.2, clean install).  The configure/make/make
install seems to run fine. I didn't see any error messages related to
gssapi (configure finds the libraries and header files without
problems.)
named runs fine as long as I don't use the 'tkey' options.

Any idea what might be wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Nico