rndc

Mark Andrews Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Sat Feb 2 05:32:22 UTC 2008

> Hey guys,
>
> One of my co-workers noticed that when reloading a zone we get a
> message in the named.log (unknown control channel command 'null'). And
> then I noticed that running the rndc command causes this message to
> appear? e.g) rndc status
> I looked a the control statement in the named.conf and it looks fine?
>
> controls {
>        inet 127.0.0.1 port 953
>                allow { 127.0.0.1; } keys { "rndc-key"; };
> };
>

> Is there any known bugs with the rndc utility in Bind 9.3.2?
> I'm running it in HP-UX 11.23 PA.
>
> I'd appreciate any advice on this?

	This is the behaviour that happens if rndc is updated but
	named isn't.

	Mark

1480.   [bug]           Provide replay protection for rndc commands.  Full
                        replay protection requires both rndc and named to
                        be updated.  Partial replay protection (limited
                        exposure after restart) is provided if just named
                        is updated.
--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews at isc.org