Forwarding problem; Forward Last?

Chris Buxton cbuxton at menandmice.com
Thu Feb 7 22:01:46 UTC 2008

So put the empty forwarders list in your company.com zone.

zone "company.com" {
	type master; // or slave, or whatever it is
	forwarders { };
};

That way, when looking up data from subzones of company.com, it will
do its own recursion and follow the delegation out of the zone, rather
than forwarding to the external-facing forwarders.

Chris Buxton
Professional Services
Men & Mice
Address: Noatun 17, IS-105, Reykjavik, Iceland
Phone:   +354 412 1500
Email:   cbuxton at menandmice.com
www.menandmice.com

Men & Mice
We bring control and flexibility to network management

This e-mail and its attachments may contain confidential and
privileged information only intended for the person or entity to which
it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any retention, dissemination,
distribution or copy of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by
reply e-mail and immediately delete this message and all its attachment.