Specifying a view for dig?

Mark Andrews Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Fri Feb 8 13:40:44 UTC 2008

> On Thursday 07 February 2008 22:09:41 Mark Andrews wrote:
> > > 	Use -b and / or -y to match the appropriate view selection rules.
> >
> > 	Also -k
>
> All of those control dig to work with existing interfaces and keys.
>
> Consider a master server on an Internal net and slaves on external.  While
> working from the internal net I want to be able to query the external view
> that all of the servers hold.  -b, requiring a valid IP, will return the
> internal on the master and the external on the slaves.  -y and -k won't alter
> that.

	Please read the FAQ answers to:

Q: How can I make a server a slave for both an internal and an external
   view at the same time? When I tried, both views on the slave were
   transferred from the same view on the master.

	Dig is no different to the slave.  You just specify the
	options on the command line rather than in named.conf.

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews at isc.org