named executables not found in my box ;(Copied it from another machine)ut few Questions :

Piero Giobbi piero at news.fb.se
Mon Feb 18 08:22:08 UTC 2008

Check your logs, /var/log/syslog.log. Also start named manually with:

named -d 2 -f (increase number for more loggin).

There you will see whats going on.

I seriously doubt that the copy you did will work in X. : ) Download a
fresh bind and build it on ur OSX-machine. You need Developers tools,
free download at Apple..