External hosting for a DNS server

Mark Andrews Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Thu Feb 28 00:05:52 UTC 2008

> Hello everyone,
>
> I hope someone could help me. I am doing a business continuity plan and I
> wonder if there are DNS Servers that would rent space to announce a client's
> domain.....
> I am running BIND 9.3.4-P1, I have 1 master and 1 slave but both of them are
> in the same network so if the networks falls down  we would be in troubles
> that's why I need an option that guarantees the domain's resolution...
> If anyone could help me with possible options I really appreciate it.
>
> Thanks
>
> Regards
>
> Monica S.

	* rent rackspace in a colo and run a nameserver there.  There
	  are plenty of 1U boxes that will do the job for you.
	  There are colos that provide remote hands if needed.  Many
	  will even have address space for available as part of the
	  rental agreement.

	* have your ISP be slave for your zone.

	I'm sure others will have some lists of companies that offer
	secondary services.

	Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC